Extracted naturally from hemp plants, CBD is one of the 113 types of cannabinoids that is used for treating a number of health issues.
Also known as Cannabidiol, this chemical compound has no psychoactive effects which has led to its legalization in various parts of the world.
From pain management to treating symptoms of anxiety, CBD has a number of real-life applications. Regular use of CBD makes way for a wholesome lifestyle and helps to manage numerous health conditions more efficiently.
How is CBD Useful In Daily Life?
- CBD can help to manage stress and related symptoms like anxiety and panic disorder. Regular use can help you to handle things in an efficient manner and enhance productivity as well.
- Patients who are suffering from chronic pain due to arthritis can opt for Cannabidiol. It can help to relieve the symptoms like muscle stiffness, soreness and inflammation.
CBD products like topical creams, patches and lotions have emerged as popular products which can be applied directly on the painful joints or the affected areas. People can also try taking CBD orally in the form of gummies, effects of which last the longest.
- CBD is a proven immunity booster. The anti-inflammatory properties act as immunosuppressants and immunomodulators.
Whenever the immune system is underperforming, CBD can help to make it more active. It can also reduce the immune system’s inflammatory response.
- Studies show that over 10–30% adults suffer from chronic insomnia.
Insomnia is a common consequence of anxiety and excessive stress. CBD can manage the root causes and help to get quality sleep every night.
- CBD can also enhance the energy levels of the body. It can activate the cells that are responsible for making the body feel tired and sluggish, and help to regain the focus.
- It can also be helpful in treating the symptoms and side effects of cancer and cancer therapy respectively. Some of the commonly noticed symptoms are nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness and unusual weight loss which can be managed efficiently by taking CBD in moderate amounts regularly. Neuropathic pain and inflammation can also be treated by CBD.
Apart from these, the therapeutic potentials of CBD have been realized by the medical industry and a number of researches are going on to find its benefits in other aspects.
When it comes to the consumption of CBD, there is a lot to state. Especially for newbies, it is quite difficult to choose the right mode of consumption that will be safe and effective for them.
The cause of your consumption can help to decide the method of administration. For instance, people who want to get relief from the incessant joint and muscle pain can opt for CBD oil or topical creams. Simply applying it on the sore areas can help to reduce inflammation.
There are numerous other CBD infused products in the market such as vapes, tinctures, lotions, salves, bath bombs, pills and capsules.
CBD edibles like gummies and candies, can be taken orally, and are recommended for people who do not like the different earthy taste of CBD oil. Gummies are also useful if you cannot swallow a pill or a capsule and want the effects of CBD to last longer.
CBD gummies are also the cheapest CBD option today and are available in a variety of flavours .
If you are seriously considering CBD as an option, then it’s recommended that you avoid the local market.
These local CBD brands may not be as safe as some of the well established brands like cbdMD. Made from organic hemp and having a smooth flavour that can calm your nerves, cbdMD is a popular choice for a CBD product according to the review by experts at Health Care Business Today.
Can CBD Gummies Make You Sick?
While consuming CBD edibles, you must remember to take care of the recommended dosage.
Till now, there has been no specific dosage of CBD for different ailments.
You should therefore start from a low dose and increase it gradually when you start noticing the differences.
Candies infused with CBD, otherwise known as CBD gummies come in varied flavours and are the best option for people who dislike the earthy taste of CBD oil.
CBD gummies is the cheapest and most readily available CBD product.
People with anxiety and depression can benefit from CBD gummies. By enhancing the serotonin levels, it regulates the feelings of anxiety and prevents the body from entering a panic mode.
Gummies are a great option for those people who only recently started using CBD as an alternative treatment for their conditions.
This is because CBD from gummies are only absorbed by the body after undergoing digestion in the stomach.
Also, the easy method of consumption has made gummies one of the most widely sought out CBD products.
Although CBD gummies have no side effects whatsoever, you can still see a few negative effects on your body if you fail to follow the proper dosage.
CBD Gummies And Other Drugs
In case you are on certain other medications and planning to give a shot to CBD, it is better to have a word with your doctor first because the ingredients of the drugs could react with CBD and may affect your health.
All of these can be easily avoided if you consume it in the amount advised by your doctor.
Drugs Which May React With CBD are :
- Antibiotics and Pain Meds
- Blood Thinners and Immunosuppressants
- Anticancer Medicine
- Cholesterol Balancing Drugs
- Antiepileptic Drugs
- Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction
- Blood Pressure Medicine
These drugs inhibit the CYP3A4 enzyme of the group P450, just like CBD.
While on these medications, your body can’t work to metabolize CBD because the enzyme responsible for this is being used up by the other drug.
In both cases, if CBD or any other drug is being processed by your body too slowly, it can cause adverse side-effects like vomiting, dizziness, nausea, drowsiness, fatigue or diarrhea.
CBD is used popularly for its numerous health benefits.
In recommended doses, it is extremely beneficial, but unsupervised consumption can be fatal for your liver and overall body health.
Latest posts by Rishma Dhaliwal (see all)
- NEW MUSIC | PREMZ, JERNADE MIAH AND WAVY BOY SMITH-NEW ROMANCE HIT ‘FLY’ — November 27, 2020
- NEW MUSIC | BOBY OHGGY RELEASES DEBUT SINGLE ‘ROYALTY’ — November 27, 2020
- NEW MUSIC | HIP-HOP ARTIST ‘MAYNE’ RELEASES ‘THINK BIGGER’ — November 27, 2020