Perhaps you’ve noticed the growing popularity of cellos today. Well, this classical stringed instrument deserves all the attention since it has long been an essential part of orchestras and other musical groups. If you’re thinking of playing the cello, you will surely be amazed by its beauty and versatility.
So why should you really play the cello among other popular stringed instruments out there?
Here are the best reasons to convince yourself to play cello today:
- It’s a versatile instrument. Unlike other stringed instruments, the cello can produce higher notes and then go to lower notes in a matter of seconds. This is why cellos are important in different musical genres, such as contemporary, electronic, and even rock.
- Acquire marketable skills. Learning to play the cello is not an easy job. You will have to undergo a lot of training to get it right. Once you’ve mastered it, you have the edge in taking various professional opportunities in the industry.
- Improved memory. Cello may be a hard instrument to learn in the beginning but once you’ve perfected it, there will be surprising rewards for you. For instance, you will gain sharper memory and an alert mind due to rigorous training you need to undergo.
- Enrich cognitive process. The learning styles you will get from playing cello includes visual, kinaesthetic and auditory which are all essential in proper concentration.
- Perfect for beginners. If you’re only starting to explore your craft in music, it’s best to start with a beginner cello. Young players are more enthusiastic and easier to understand cello techniques which results to better mental elasticity.
- Develop stronger muscles. Cello is one of the heaviest instruments you can play. Therefore, you need to prepare yourself for the physical needs when playing this instrument. With increased physical strength, it’s easier to manage cellos.
- More solo options. Unlike average musicians, cellists enjoy more solo options. But the most popular is Bach solo pieces that are really inspiring and passionate.
- Essential to most ensembles. Cellos balance out high-pitched violins and other instruments. It’s essential in chamber groups, trios, quartets, and orchestras.
- Has top-quality sound. A cello can actually imitate human voice which makes it a unique instrument in an orchestra. It can be high-pitched or low-pitched depending on the desired tune.
- It makes you a unique player. With only a few cellists in the world, knowing how to play the cello will surely make you stand out and in demand.
Aside from these, there are more other amazing reasons that will motivate you to become a cello player in the future.
Latest posts by Rishma Dhaliwal (see all)
- NEW MUSIC | FAST RISING NIGERIAN ARTIST KHAID RELEASES SINGLE ‘JOLIE’ — January 31, 2023
- INTERVIEW | WANDYBOY BETTER TALKS ABOUT NEW VIDEO ‘NOT WHAT YOU THINK’ — January 31, 2023
- NEW MUSIC | MONTICOLOMBI X PITCH 92 DROP HIP-HOP BANGER ‘SIMMER DOWN’ — January 27, 2023